Learn how to detect gold diggers before it's too late!
You want to find a woman who is not just beautiful, but also has substance and character. But how do you know if she’s really in it for the long haul or whether she will use you?
Robert DeNiro & Sharon Stone as Ginger McKenna in Casino - Photo Universal Pictures
Gold digging can happen to anyone!
Gold-digging women are not all bad people. They can make great wives or girlfriends if they find a man with enough resources to satisfy their needs (i.e., expensive gifts, luxury vacations, etc.). A gold digger could be anyone – your best friend, sister, colleague, or even mother.
15 Signs You Are Dealing With A Gold Digger
To avoid getting into an abusive relationship that will only lead to heartbreak and financial ruin, we developed this guide of 15 signs she is a gold digger so that men like yourself can spot her before it’s too late!
1. Look at her previous relationships where she dated rich guys and find out how it ended. Look them up on LinkedIn;
Her Fake Friends
2. One should pay close attention to her friends and see what they are like. Paying attention to clues that show how materialistic these women might be is also advised when trying to figure out if she has ulterior motives in her relationships with men;
Her Consuming Habits
3. Beware of a girl who always prefers going out to fancy places and who always needs to be dressed up and wears tons of makeup instead of taying in for a home-cooked meal;
Test Her Level of Attraction to You
4. Is she more interested in spending time with you or is she usually surrounded by friends and other people to avoid spending too much romantic time with you. Challenge her or try to catch her off guard by simply asking her what she finds attractive about you. Is it your looks, any personality trait, or rather your possessions and the status that comes with it? Notice how she introduces you to her friends: "David is a surgeon at General Hospital..."
The Way She Speaks
5. The way a woman speaks can be the telltale sign of whether she's interested in you for your money. If her interest seems to dwindle when there are more people around and increase as soon as it is just you two, then this could be an indication that she might not have genuine feelings for you at all but instead sees dollar signs!
Is She Fishing & Profiling You?
6. While you are still dating, she is asking a lot of questions about what you do, your position, your responsibilities, if you travel a lot, what kind of car you drive or she is fishing for juicy details about your income, the price you sold your last business, your house value, your watches, clothes and she is almost profiling you instead of showing real interest in you as soulmate;
Her Superficiality Factor
7. Everyone she knows, everything she loves is all about brands, famous names, and high-end $$$ - "My friend Susan just received a Cartier watch for her birthday", " My friend Tom is running a successful business in over 125 countries with sales over $500M"...;
You’re Being Targeted
8. She's coming on to you first after seeing your expensive suit or after seeing you valet your Porsche 911 at the door of the restaurant or noticed the designer name that is printed across your silky fitted shirt—or maybe she couldn't take her eyes off the very guccy watch you are wearing;
Her Expensive Lifestyle is Ruining You
9. She is costing you a lot more than you are accustomed to and she treats you so well after she is receiving these gifts. And you love the attention you get and the sex is great all over sudden when is happy;
She’s Into National Enquirer Gossip
10. You notice that she is really into gossip news like anything you've ever seen before. She feist on the likes of Kardashian’s lifestyles with all the fame, glamorous and luxurious lifestyle that comes with it;
What a Princess!
11. She expects to be treated like a princess with everything that it involves in terms of perks instead of making a significant contribution to the relationship and trying to adjust to you and your friends and relatives to make you happy as well;
Where’s Your Wallet?
12. You never see her reach for her wallet nor make any offer to pay because she always assumes that just because you can afford it, it's yours to pay. Even if it's the smallest gesture like coffee, an evening at the movies, or a candle-light home-cook meal she prepared after trying out one of your favorite recipes;
Consumer Behavior Alerts
13. She starts asking for small sums of money just to cover some of her basic expenses, even though she already has a job and should be accustomed to her means of living by now instead of spending on lavishing objects she can’t afford;
Deep-Sea Fishing Shallow
14. Your date is a real lightweight: She's got nothing going on in her head or heart, and she'll never have any substance - Let's face it, if she is doing volunteer work, you don't have to worry about anything, but if she keeps talking about what she loves to eat, drink, wear, buy, beauty salons, etc then it's smells fishy;
15. Your date is combative: she means business and wants what's best for her. She'll stop at nothing to get it, even if that involves a little manipulation every now and then! - "It has nothing to do with being materialistic, this is something you promised me and that I care about, so why can't you keep your word, or just don't go around making promises then..."
What men can do when they're dating someone who is only in it for their money:
Become a minimalist and go back to basics until she leaves;
Reducing Credit Limit
A ceiling on her credit card should stop the reckless overspending;
Cut Down on Vacations